A gem lover and writer, Phoebe holds a graduate gemologist degree from the Gemological Institute of America and masters in writing from Columbia University. She got her start in gemology translating and editing Colored Stone and Mineral Highlights for a professor based in Shanghai. Whether in LA, Taipei, or New York, Phoebe spends her time searching for gems to design and being lost in good books.
Articles by Phoebe Shang:
- 10 Rare Engagement Ring Stones that Won’t Break the Bank
- An Introduction to Fancy Gem Cuts
- Buying Diamonds Online? Match Your Shopper Personality Type to an Online Store
- Choosing Pearl Engagement Ring Stones
- Colorful Options: Choosing Topaz Engagement Ring Stones
- Diamond Buying and the 4 Cs, Part 4: Assessing Diamond Clarity
- Diamond Buying and the Four Cs, Part 1: Diamond Carat Weight
- Diamond Buying and the Four Cs, Part 2: Diamond Color
- Diamond Buying and the Four Cs, Part 3: Evaluating Diamond Cuts
- Gem Trends 2018: Ultra Violet Gems and More
- Opal Mining in Coober Pedy: History and Methods
- Red and More: Choosing Garnet Engagement Ring Stones
- Something Blue: Choosing Sapphire Engagement Ring Stones
- The Fifth C: What Determines Diamond Cost?