Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » Reply To: Is it a bad idea to sell poorly cut handcut stones?

Reply To: Is it a bad idea to sell poorly cut handcut stones?

Profile photo of abrugger
abrugger
Participant

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. You make a good point about reputation as I do hope to be able to cut a perfect stone someday.

I think some of my problems have to do with perhaps my machine as I never feel like when I clamp in an angle that it is very accurate because of how much things wiggle. And any facet that falls around index 57 always seems to be off, so I have to do a lot of “cheating” and can’t cut by ear for those at all, so I basically lightly touch for a split second and then pull out my loupe and repeat. Seems like an odd thing to happen if it is just my abilities going haywire when I hit the 50s…but who knows. Would like to upgrade to a “professional” faceting machine someday so I can hopefully rule out any calibration problems.

I will certainly disclose the poor cut and make a note about discounts applied. I appreciate the suggested discount too as I had no idea. Right now I practically give them away but it’s disheartening.

Thank you!

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar