Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » Reply To: Canadian ice diamond P1 quality?

Reply To: Canadian ice diamond P1 quality?

Profile photo of cctgold
cctgold
Participant

You should be buying a GIA Certified Diamond at that price………I would stay away from diamonds that use fancy terms and very marketing oriented language.

I’ve never heard of a Canadian Ice Diamond. Canada has some incredible diamond mines that produce very clean, white diamonds. I have bought and sold many that Diamonds from Diamond Dealers that buy sites from Canadian Mines. I have never heard them termed as Ice Diamonds.

If you are going to layout that much money, I’d just go to Blue Nile and get an VS1-G Color 1 Carat Round with Excellent Cut Grade, Symmetry, Polish, etc….

Any diamond that requires the use of a substandard grading system, don’t buy it. You will regret it and there is usually no way to get your money back.

If you are looking to save money, go for a GIA SI1 with F or G Color. Make sure that the inclusions are in the girdle area or near the girdle in the crown facets. Don’t by a diamond with a High Relief (black) inclusion.

You can find a better deal and often times it will be online. Use a online retailer that has a return policy you can live with……

Good Luck,

Joe

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar