Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

Blue sapphire

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of makaturquoise makaturquoise 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bingle023
    bingle023
    Participant

I am New , never seen such a stone, I was wondering if someone could offer advice if it’s worth getting checked.

Attachments:
    1. K-0251

K-0251.jpg

Profile photo of makaturquoise
    makaturquoise
    Participant

Looks like a possible huge piece of corundum, but the color looks too deep and consistent to be not treated. Where did you get it? I don’t know what you paid but know that US lab reports are costly.

bingle023
    Participant

I found it on ebay
    i paid maybe $100 for it. I was thinking if it was faked then $100 is a nice novelty piece.

Profile photo of eallison
    eallison
    Participant

Hi the Certificate states it is a Blue sapphire you can check the certificate at the web address at the bottom of the photo and yes I would get a second opinion on it as it is a large cut specimen
    hope this Helap

bingle023
    Participant

That is where i got the picture of the certificate, and i have the original with me, and the stone. Yes I think your correct, it may be worth getting looked at. Thank you so much.

bingle023
    Participant

I have some huge beryl which is misspelled spelled bervl. I may get checked also.

Profile photo of hugemac1999
    hugemac1999
    Participant

I’ve seen that also, trust me Ebay isn’t here you are going to get rick with out a lot of luck and discipline. i was buying some rubies and sapphires today and saw that same item for bid like 10 auctions so I’m just assuming but you know about assuming

Profile photo of makaturquoise
    makaturquoise
    Participant

Sorry to say this, but I wouldn’t pay more than $10 for the stone but it is more worth paying the fee to an American lab to find out exactly what it is and how it’s treated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar