Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

Gem silica, Inspiration mine…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of m76steve m76steve 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of m76steve
    m76steve
    Participant

This is another gem silica pendent, 23.5cts of robins egg blue color, cut from rough from the mine @1950 or so. The mine closed 1983 & the town is now gone that was near the mine, more of a tourist attraction now. The goldwork done by John as usual & no shortcuts for the finished frame in gold. This is considered about the best material color wise, for gem silica & it is getting hard to find-but is pretty-steve…

Attachments:
    1. DSCN7432

DSCN7432.jpg

2. DSCN7437

DSCN7437.jpg

3. DSCN7448

DSCN7448.jpg

Profile photo of sydp
    sydp
    Participant

Nice piece Steve great colour, I have not seen a piece in the rough at all in Australia.
    regards
    Syd

Profile photo of jozsef
    jozsef
    Participant

gem silica is rarely seen in jewelry,the most valuable variety of chalcedony beautiful Hallo

Profile photo of m76steve
    m76steve
    Participant

Im posting pics of this stone in the sunshine, it seems to glow & the transparency of the material can be seen too, this is some of the best silica to be seen-steve…

Attachments:
    1. DSCN7462

DSCN7462.jpg

2. DSCN7475

DSCN7475.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar