Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

Help identifying this stone…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sydp sydp 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of trs1978
    trs1978
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a customer requesting the custom order ring to be similar of previous engagement ring, she says it was a moonstone. Sent me this picture. I have not seen any moonstones similar to this, can anybody help me figure out what exactly it is?
    Thanks so much:-)

Attachments:
    1. image

image.png

Profile photo of sydp
    sydp
    Participant

Hi, I have copied and pasted several images of blue moonstone from google
    and put on the same page as your photo, I believe it quite possibly is blue moonstone see attached
    hope this helps

Profile photo of happyduck
    happyduck
    Participant

The play of the blue tones let m think in th direction of a iolith. I may be wrong but I doubt it.

Profile photo of sydp
    sydp
    Participant

Okay happyduck I would have thought that if the clarity of the iolite was good it would have been faceted not a cabochon.
    it is very difficult to identify a gem from a photo

Profile photo of trs1978
    trs1978
    Participant

My customer said that this was her engagement ring that it got stolen, so I asked her what The ring was listed as but I didn’t get a response other then she thought it was a Moonstone.
    Still am not really feeling the moonstone idea just because I really never seen a moonstone to look exactly like that. Or really anything very similar. I’m thinking it’s kyanite…?

Profile photo of sydp
    sydp
    Participant

If the customer believes it was moonstone then give her a moonstone ring
    I would think she would be happy with that
    just my thought on the matter
    cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar