Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

I need help FINDING cats eye quartz collectors

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of irocks irocks 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gemcollector1
    gemcollector1
    Participant

I have a cats eye quartz that’s 1,613 cts.

It comes with certificate of authenticity

Color: Brown
    Cut: Single Cabochon,
    Transparency: Transparent
    Shape Round

A faint mobile ray visible under an overhead lamp.. The Ray is actually straight, I’m not sure why it has the wavy look in the picture.

I am not on here trying to sell it, but I am trying to find the right route to go to where I can find a buyer or collector. I do not know where to start in terms of where to go, who to talk to, etc. I’d rather not go to a jewelry shop, and try to eliminate as many middle men as possible, while remaining safe as possible. I’ve searched the web, and this site, its so much information. I would appreciate a tip. Thank you.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1760

IMG_1760.jpg

Profile photo of irocks
    irocks
    Participant

Gem Collector –

You probably would have better luck at a rock shop or mineral show. I don’t think most jewelry shops would have much use for it, but it does have value to mineral collectors!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar