Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

Oregon Sunstone or Serenite?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of huttonit huttonit 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of huttonit
    huttonit
    Participant

I was told by a friend that I need to acquire some of a new gemstone, Serenite, for my collection before the price rockets. However, I have searched the web but could only find reference at http://www.gemcollector.com or click directly HERE. Is this a genuine name for this stone or is it simply Oregon Sunstone or Feldspar being marketed by this one company trying to big up the stone and prices.

Profile photo of chrizman2001
    chrizman2001
    Participant
    Profile photo of huttonit
    huttonit
    Participant

Thanks for the link. So the answer is that it is Oregon Sunstone, of which I already have a couple of examples, and Gemporia are using the name Serenite as a marketing tool?

IGS it may be worth cross-referencing this name in the database here to point people in the right direction: Gemporia are a big company and the name may stick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar