Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

Best and cheap equipment ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ali_iraq ali_iraq 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ali_iraq
    ali_iraq
    Participant

Hello everybody
    Can IGS or any one know advice us about best and cheapest instruments for test gems like microscope….

Thanks

Profile photo of pierre
    pierre
    Participant

Hello.

There is a golden rule….

You get what you pay for. That means if you buy a gemological microscope cheap from ex India you can be sure that the quality is thereafter. I use a Breukhoven Stereomicroscope for around 250$. Then i have modified it myself. Created darkfield and polarisation filter. Bought a gemtweezer and connected it to the scope. Instead of paying around 2500$ for a quality gem microscope i have spent 300$ on the scope and it works just fine.

Regards

Pierre

ali_iraq
    Participant

Hello
    Thanks my friend and I agree with you
    But I try find Brand be balance between price and performance so I need advice from someone has experience to can decide that

Regards

Profile photo of pierre
    pierre
    Participant

Hi again.

If you are looking for a brand i can recomend OPTIKA. Optika is an Italian company and they have gem microscopes for a “reasonable” cost. I have tried them and they do very well. A scope from them will cost about 2500$. They are not like for example a Zeiss microscope ofcourse but their quality is ok.

Regards

Pierre

ali_iraq
    Participant

Hello
    Thank you so much My friend

Best regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar