Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

BI-COLOR TANZANITE VALUE

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of artteabcn artteabcn 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rgd53
    rgd53
    Participant

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE APPROXIMATE VALUE PER CARAT OF BI-COLOR TANZANITE? ASSUMING GEM GRADE QUALITY, I AM CONFUSED ABOUT PRICING FOR THIS GEMSTONE. IT IS SUPPOSEDLY MUCH RARER THEN THE STANDARD BLUE TANZANITE, BUT IT SEEMS TO SELL AT A MUCH LOWER PRICE THAN THE FORMER, GIVEN LET’S SAY EQUAL CLARITY,CARAT SIZE, AND CUT? I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY GOOD INFO. OR ARTICLES ON THIS. SINCERELY, RANDY D.

Profile photo of artteabcn
    artteabcn
    Participant

Hi Randy,
    In my opinion, there are not enough people aware of the value of such stones… For most people, tanzanite is blue, so others colors are not best sellers!
    I used to have a parcel of excellent unheated pink tanzanites, they sold for less than the blue ones…
    So, paper value is high, but market value is less than blue.
    I’ve heard that due to war, Tanzanite will become harder to find, so maybe keep it as investment!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar