Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

Gemstones Rarer Than Diamonds

This topic contains 1 reply, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of m76steve m76steve 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gemgirl
    gemgirl
    Participant

Check out this new infographic that lists 10 gemstones that are rarer than diamonds. I think my favorite is the Kashmir Sapphire. Has anyone seen a Kashmir Sapphire in person? Is it as stunning as it sounds?

https://www.gemsociety.org/article/10-gemstones-rarer-than-diamonds/

Profile photo of m76steve
    m76steve
    Participant

As a hobby, i build pendents with rare gemstones, ive posted pics of at least one of them, alexandrite, & i have quite a few more that put diamonds at the candy store level. You cant imagine how many millions & millions of cts of diamonds are available to the consumer, some colored gems r in the thousands of times more rare than diamonds. The russians r sitting on trillions of cts of diamonds recently discovered near a meteor hit several years ago, & the quality is said to b pretty good. There r some beautiful diamonds for sale but u dont have to look very far to find them & they can b had at reasonable cost-happy shopping-m76steve…

Profile photo of ajsqueen
    ajsqueen
    Participant

Where does the Montana Yogo Sapphire fit in? Is that more rare than diamonds? The Yogo mines no longer exist.

Profile photo of m76steve
    m76steve
    Participant

ajs, montana saph. is rare and usually small, the largest on i saw was at a show & the seller was asking @$6,000.00/ct for a 3.4ct stone. Very pretty, good color but out of my league & i thought a little pricy at the time, & yes, more rare than diamonds, also saw a red spinel cushion cut, 7cts, at $22,000.00, for the stone, clean, good red color & asking top dollar.-m76steve…

Profile photo of victoriamalas
    victoriamalas
    Participant

sapphire is more rarer than diamond.

Attachments:
    1. 14k-yellow-gold-tanzanite-ring_l

14k-yellow-gold-tanzanite-ring_l.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar