Welcome to the IGS Forums! Please note that you'll need to create an account to participate in these forums. Please read our brief Forum Rules and Etiquette.
Show More Information
Forums Home » General Gem-Related Discussion

Looking for a "boat-shaped" faceting diagram, not a marquise

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cathcess cathcess 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of abrugger
    abrugger
    Participant

Hi,
    I admired a woman’s ring that had what looked like a princess cut diamond set flush against a trillion cut, except it was one single gemstone. I thought it was a marquise at first because it did have the curved edges, but one end opposite the point had a straight edge. It was basically a boat shape. I’ve been trying to find a faceting diagram for such a shape but I can’t find one anywhere. This woman seems to pride herself on the uniqueness so it seemed like a good challenge for me to try to cut one! I’m completely a novice but am not afraid to give something new a try.

Any suggestions on where I might find such a cutting diagram?

Thank you,
    Andrea

Profile photo of sydp
    sydp
    Participant

Hi Andrea, I have attached several faceting diagrams may be what you are looking for

thanks

abrugger
    Participant

Wonderful! I think these just might be it! Thank you so much. I never would have been able to find it without your help.

Andrea

Profile photo of cathcess
    cathcess
    Participant

What about the “eye of pharaoh”
    You’ll find that easy online.

abrugger
    Participant

Thank you. I found that one and it is very pretty. I’m pretty sure it’s the shield or a modified shield. Once I knew what term to search for, I found a lot of examples. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the help!

Profile photo of cathcess
    cathcess
    Participant

welcome ! good luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to topics in this forum.

Take your love of gemstones
To a New Level
Search in radius 25 miles

Recent Community Posts

eNews Signup

Skip to toolbar