Born in Wudinna, South Australia, Trevor G. Hannam moved to Cairns, Queensland in 1966. Introduced to faceting by Kay and Jimmy Gadd, he learned to facet with the help of Bob Johnson. After completing a diploma in Earth Science, he continued to study the art of gemology through Kye Jewellers. Currently retired, as a member of the Cairns Mineral and Lapidary Club, he taught the art of silver smithing, gemology techniques, and faceting.
Articles by Trevor Hannam:
- Faceting Made Easy, Part 1: Gemstone Properties
- Faceting Made Easy, Part 2: Faceting Machines and Equipment
- Faceting Made Easy, Part 3: Starting a Standard Brilliant Cut
- Faceting Made Easy, Part 4: Pavilion Cutting and Polishing
- Faceting Made Easy, Part 5: Gemstone Transferring and Crown Cutting
- Faceting Made Easy, Part 6: Gemstone Design Cuts