Clinochlore Value, Price, and Jewelry Information
Clinochlore is a family of minerals in the chlorite group. To date, only kämmerite and sheridanite varieties are known to have been cut as gemstones.0
Clinochlore is a family of minerals in the chlorite group. Varieties include Colerainite, Kämmerite, Pennine, Penninite, Prochlorite, Ripidolite, and Sheridanite. To date, only Kämmerite and Sheridanite are known to have been cut as gemstones.
- Clinochlore from the Greek klino - "oblique" and chloros - " green."
- Ripidolite from the Greek rhipis - "fan" and lithos - "stone."
- Pennine from the Pennine Alps, Italy
- Clinochlore - green
- Kammererite - Red to purple
- Sheridanite Dark green, rich in chromium
International Gem Society
Why are Topaz and Citrine Gemstones Misidentified?
Identifying Garnets Simplified
Staurolite Value, Price, and Jewelry Information
Amethyst Buying Guide
When you join the IGS community, you get trusted diamond & gemstone information when you need it.
Get started with the International Gem Society’s free guide to gemstone identification. Join our weekly newsletter & get a free copy of the Gem ID Checklist!